“From burger flippers to funeral directors, discover the astonishing career paths of these 28 celebrities before fame came knocking.”
From famous actors to renowned musicians, many of our favorite celebrities have surprising stories when it comes to their past occupations. Here are 28 celebrities who once held jobs that may come as a surprise.
1. Johnny Depp – Depp worked as a telemarketer before his acting career took off.
2. Jennifer Aniston – Aniston used to work as a telemarketer, just like Depp.
3. Brad Pitt – Before becoming a Hollywood heartthrob, Pitt dressed up as a chicken to promote a fast-food restaurant.
4. Hugh Jackman – Jackman worked as a birthday party clown during his early days as an actor.
5. Whoopi Goldberg – Goldberg was once a mortuary cosmetologist, specializing in makeup for the deceased.
6. Hugh Grant – Grant used to work as a groundskeeper at a cemetery.
7. Rachel McAdams – McAdams worked at McDonald’s for three years before her breakthrough in Hollywood.
8. Madonna – Before becoming the Queen of Pop, Madonna worked at a Dunkin’ Donuts store in New York City.
9. Kanye West – West used to work at The Gap, a popular clothing retailer, before launching his music career.
10. Danny DeVito – DeVito worked as a hairdresser before finding success as an actor.
11. Channing Tatum – Tatum worked as a stripper before making it big in Hollywood, a story later depicted in the film “Magic Mike.”
12. Eva Mendes – Mendes used to sell hotdogs at a mall kiosk.
13. Amy Adams – Adams worked at Hooters, a popular restaurant chain, before pursuing acting full-time.
14. Jon Hamm – Hamm used to work as a set designer for adult films before becoming famous for his role in “Mad Men.”
15. Christopher Walken – Walken worked as a lion tamer in a circus early in his career.
16. Matthew McConaughey – McConaughey once cleaned chicken coops for a living.
17. Harrison Ford – Ford worked as a carpenter before landing his breakthrough role as Han Solo in “Star Wars.”
18. Jennifer Hudson – Hudson worked as a Burger King employee before her success on “American Idol.”
19. Steve Carell – Carell used to work as a mail carrier for the United States Postal Service.
20. Jim Carrey – Carrey used to work as a janitor at a factory to support his family.
21. Sandra Bullock – Bullock used to work as a bartender and cocktail waitress.
22. Tom Cruise – Cruise worked as a bellhop at a hotel before becoming a Hollywood superstar.
23. Sir Ian McKellen – McKellen worked as a gardener before his acting career took off.
24. Charlize Theron – Theron worked as a model and ballet dancer before transitioning into acting.
25. Jon Bon Jovi – Bon Jovi used to work as a janitor at a recording studio.
26. Tom Hanks – Hanks worked as a hotel bellman before his acting career began.
27. Jennifer Lawrence – Lawrence used to work as an assistant nurse at a children’s summer day camp.
28. Oprah Winfrey – Winfrey worked as a radio host before becoming the media mogul we know today.
These surprising job histories remind us that success often comes from humble beginnings and that hard work can eventually lead to great achievements.